Welcome to Transkills
Transkills works with academic staff and students to facilitate the transition of first year undergraduates
from their prior learning experiences to study at university.
Through discipline-specific workshops and online resources, the project seeks to enable students to take full advantage of the educational opportunities provided during their first year.
Project aims include
- Collaborating with colleges to support provision of academic development activity appropriate to local college context.
- Leading a series of interactive workshops for college facilitators themed around academic transition issues.
- Developing further discipline-specific resources for first year students which will be made available to all colleges, faculties and departments.
- Establishing and facilitating networks for those involved in academic development activities where resources can be shared and approaches and strategies explored.
- Acting as advisors in cases where colleges, faculties and departments might wish to seek advice in developing new resources.
- With colleges, facilitating the development of engagement models and evaluation strategies to suit local contexts.
- LTS Newsletter October 2011 Transkills article on page 6.
- The Global Search for Education: Student Well-Being C.M. Rubin discusses transition and student well-being with Dr. Mark Wormald, Senior Tutor of Pembroke College.